Salary £57,501 - £60,525
Our client is looking for an experienced manager to lead their Transport Strategy team and work with key partners, such as Transport for London, to develop and deliver their transport strategy. The pace of development in this borough is intense and needs to be matched by changes to transport infrastructure and services. The Directorate of Regeneration, Enterprise & Skills is at the heart of making sure that existing and future residents and businesses residents benefit from London’s growth.
Crossrail, new river crossings including the Silvertown Tunnel, Dockland Light Railway extensions, changes to the rail franchise, autonomous vehicles and extensive plans to support use of sustainable transport are all on the agenda.
The successful candidate will need:
- Substantial experience in transport planning and strategies,
- Excellent leadership, communication, inter-personal, negotiation and organisational skills,
- Considerable skill in establishing and maintaining strong networks and productive partnerships with a range of stakeholders and elected members,
- Effective project management skills,
- An ability to keep alert to the bigger picture whilst ensuring local initiatives and services are delivered efficiently,
- To be able to work interchangeably at strategic and operational levels.
In your role, we want you to feel supported, challenged and rewarded. If you meet the brief, have a strong track record delivering results and want to work for a dynamic borough that wants to make a real difference for its residents, please apply.