Our client, an established and reputable bank, is seeking to recruit a hardworking and ambitious Tax Assistant. The bank has a unique brand and history and still proudly upholds the strong values of empathy, honesty, excellence and social responsibility that it was built upon.
This is an entry level role and for the right individual, should develop into a mixed tax semi-senior role within a relatively short space of time.
Key Responsibilities of the Tax Assistant:
- Ensuring that tax procedures are followed and that wider Bank/Compliance procedures are adhered to
- Assisting Tax Managers in dealing with the tax affairs of a portfolio of customers, dealing with all aspects of Business Tax Compliance, Income Tax, Capital Gains Tax, Inheritance Tax, tax planning and tax advice. Including managing the workflow, fee income and meeting time limits
- Maintaining effective and ongoing communication with other departments, Partners and customers on tax related issues.
- Maintaining good communication and relationships with all HMRC offices in general correspondence
- Managing time to ensure that it is recorded and that fees are collected correctly
- Aiding other areas of the Bank on tax related
- Being a core tax resource for Managers/Compliance on ad hoc queries
- Assisting with FATCA processes.
- Ensuring a good understanding of the services offered by other departments
- Educated to minimum A-level standard or suitable equivalent (essential)
- A degree in a relevant subject (desirable)
- The undertaking of other relevant professional qualifications (e.g. ATT/CTA/CII/ACCA) (essential)
- Working knowledge of the usual office systems of Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as tax and accountancy software
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to speak clearly and confidently to customers and relationship managers
- Evidence of a detail-focused approach with a high standard of accuracy
- Ability to prioritise and manage tasks against deadlines
This is a demanding yet highly rewarding role. If you feel that you have the right skills and experience to succeed in this Tax Assistant role, then apply here or feel free to get in touch with us for more information.
This role will suit someone with experience in the following positions: tax assistant, mixed assistant, business tax assistant, personal tax assistant, junior tax assistant, tax associate, tax advisor, tax consultant, trainee tax consultant, graduate tax consultant, graduate tax assistant, trainee tax assistant.