Purpose of Job
Accountable to the Technical Support Team Leader for the efficient and effective provision of technical and administrative services to the Directorate.
Summary of main duties and responsibilities
- Handling calls made to the contact centre that go onto Symology and directing them to the appropriate engineer in Transport.
- Processing highways licences and permits - skips, crossovers, scaffold, hoarding, materials, ground openings, cranes etc
- Processing commercial and shop rent accounts and Residential Disturbance cases
- Administering term contracts, processing orders and payment requests
- Responsible for investigating queries from creditors regarding payments / orders utilising the councils financial systems and liaising with other departments and project managers to resolve such queries
- Administering and monitoring projects, claiming fees and updating expenditure, Identifying financial discrepancies and undertaking any investigations necessary to resolve any issues arising.
- Responsible for preparing financial reports on behalf of group managers & project managers
- Administering and monitoring the TfL LIP programme
- Monitoring, interrogating & reporting on S106’s, S278’s & other capital funding projects
- Support project managers & resource team leader in any project audits by compiling, collating & managing documentation needed by audit team
- Answering Property helpline for reporting building maintenance issues, logging the calls and forwarding them onto the maintenance service.
- Developing spreadsheets and database structures, standard and ad-hoc extracts of data to support the work of the service.
- Developing, analysing and making recommendations on processes to ensure the efficient and consistent delivery of service.
- To possess knowledge of the procurement guidelines and advise where necessary to support the directorate
- Undertaking a range of administrative support work, in addition to the covered above, including general clerical work, filing and project assistance. Using a range of software to provide administrative support (e.g. document scanning software, presentation software, publishing software, database software).
- Supporting the Technical Support Team Leader by undertaking basic research and summarizing information into simple written reports.
- Deputise in the absence of Resource Team Leader to ensure work is co-ordinated, allocated & supervised as required
- Dealing with enquiries from internal and external sources relating to the workload of the Directorate.
- Contributing to regular team meetings aimed at improving service delivery and planning the future work of the team.
- Assist as required in recruitment & selection process for the directorateUndertaking any other work appropriate to the level and general nature of the duties of the post.
- To carry out all duties with due regard to the provisions of health and safety regulations and legislation, Data protection legislation, the Council’s equal opportunities and customer care policies, and any local agreements