Regulatory Reporting Officer has a unique opportunity to join the Regulatory Reporting function during a period of transformative change as the bank looks to enhance there capability and capacity in order to drive process improvement and develop a culture of excellence across the team, whilst ensuring the bank continues to report its regulatory information in a timely and accurate manner.
- Key role in understanding the regulatory reporting requirements and preparing and reviewing accurate, timely and complete submissions.
- By applying strong data analysis and interpretation approaches to report preparation and validation, this role provides a key control to ensuring compliance with applicable requirements.
- Provide meaningful regulatory MI demonstrating an understanding of key business drivers for reported numbers and variances.
- Drive process and control improvements through the full lifecycle of data collation, report preparation, review, and submission.
- Work across Finance and other functions within the bank to collaborate and develop cross-validation of reported numbers and promote understanding of regulatory reporting requirements and impact.
- The role sits within the Finance team, and reports to the Deputy Head of Regulatory Reporting.
This principal duty of this role is to support the ongoing compliance of the bank with its external regulatory reporting requirements and internal regulatory capital and liquidity monitoring.
Relevant responsibilities of the role are:
- Monitoring and reporting of the bank’s exposures against internal and regulatory limits. Discuss and understand key movements with internal stakeholders.
What you will bring to the role:
- Technical understanding and application of prudential regulatory requirements.
- Proven track record preparing, reviewing, and submitting a wide variety of regulatory reporting.
- Strong organisation skills with the ability to prioritise work effectively & efficiently to meet reporting deadlines.
- Attention to detail in order to transform data from multiple sources into compliant external reporting and meaningful internal management information.
- A curious mindset who questions existing processes and assumption in order to improve practices and develop a deep understanding.
- An ability to engage and influence stakeholders across the bank, by building effective, collaborative relationships.
Necessary experience or qualifications:
- University Degree or equivalent as a minimum.
- Professional accounting or relevant industry qualification.
- Demonstrable experience in a financial services role (preferably banking background).
- Proven experience of extracting, validating, reconciling, and reporting regulatory data.
- Track record of implementing process improvement and facilitating system change.
- Exposure to and proven experience of regulatory reporting and requirements (COREP, Bank of England statistical reports and/or FCA submissions).