Accountable to the Planning Enforcement and Appeals Manager for dealing with complaints
and infringements of the planning legislation in order to ensure all development and use of
land is in accordance with current policies and controls. To assist Development Control
Officers in processing planning applications. To represent the Planning Enforcement and
Appeals Manager and Head of Development as required at internal/external meetings.
1. Draft specifications for projects, monitor progress and assess results.
2. Develop and carry out project briefs and feasibility studies in relation to
enforcement work and liaise with staff in Development Planning as required.
3. Participate in monitoring arrangements for commissioned work to ensure it is
produced to a proper standard and to defined timescales.
1. Discuss infringements with persons concerned on site with the object of obtaining
assurances that either the infringements will cease or that planning applications will
2. Represent Planning Enforcement at various internal or external meetings, public
inquiries or forums and court hearings on planning enforcement matters as required.
3. Represent Planning Enforcement on working parties, inter-borough consultations,
and meetings with government and statutory undertakers on planning and allied
matters including strategic guidance.
4. Deal with enquires from the public, developers, potential developers, other
authorities, Council Members and relevant clients on Planning Enforcement issues
and issues involving policy interpretation, planning law.
5. Deal with enquiries from and provide advice to Council members, other
Directorates, Governments Departments and members of the public.
6. Liaise with clients on planning and regeneration matters and specified projects.
1. Assist in the supervision of staff and in their development and training
2. Attend internal and external meetings to represent Planning Enforcement at
manager/board level on behalf of the Planning Enforcement and Appeals Manager
1. Ensure at all times that work undertaken actively promotes the Councils Equal
Opportunities, Customer Care and Environmental policies in relation to service
delivery and personnel practice.
2. In carrying out the duties of the post have due regard to the provisions of Health
and Safety at Work Legislation and Council policy and procedures.
3. Enter data to and receive output from any electronic data processing equipment
according to agreed procedures.
This Post is an Essential Car Users Post