Providing a range of traditional PA support to Directors and Assistant Directors ensuring the professional and efficient functioning of their offices.
To manage a busy schedule through effective diary management, proactively ensuring the best use of time for the senior officer(s) that you support; using knowledge and judgement to help the organisation achieve its priorities.
• Provide high level support in the management of correspondence, including extensive inbox management, freeing up senior officer(s) time and ensuring capacity.
• Provide support to Directors and Assistant Directors to ensure that they are able to benefit effectively from the use of new technology and changes in ways of working.
• Proactively look ahead to ensure effective forward planning enabling Directorate Management teams to plan for and meet strategic objectives.
• Represent and communicate on behalf of senior officers, being the main point of contact for enquiries from internal and external stakeholders ensuring a high level of customer service is delivered.
• Ability to use a high level of judgement and knowledge to highlight issues in a timely manner to the senior officer(s) that you support.
Essential skills and experience
• Ability to communicate with confidence at high level discussions with a range of both internal and external senior people including elected Councillors understanding the bigger picture.
• To have an eye for detail and the ability to proof read reports and format them into professional documents.
• Excellent practical application of IT systems and software packages, including calendars and booking meetings, spreadsheets, databases and presentation programmes. Experience of MS Office; including Excel, SharePoint, One Note and Lync/Skype.
• Ability to work on own initiative, and to plan and prioritise work to manage conflicting priorities, meet delivery deadlines, targets and agreed work standards, with minimum supervision
• Appreciation of confidentiality requirements within the workplace.
• Ability to make accurate, logical and considered judgements.
• Experience of providing high level business management support at senior management level.
Contact ASAP on 02088590511