Mixed Tax Senior
Our client, an established and reputable bank, is seeking to recruit a hardworking and experienced Mixed Tax Senior. The bank has a unique brand and history and still proudly upholds the strong values of empathy, honesty, excellence and social responsibility that it was built upon. As a mixed tax senior, you will be working within a team of individuals dedicated to offering a select group of customers a truly personalised experience.
Your new role will see you managing a mixed portfolio of business and personal compliance tax cases and to represent, promote and develop business tax services. As a Mixed Tax Senior, you will be required to gain an understanding of and comply with the Conduct Rules, and complete ongoing training and competence requirements.
This is a mid-level role reflecting the need of the department to develop, refine and control the risk of business tax related services. For the right individual, this mixed tax senior role should develop into a full business tax manager role within a relatively short space of time
- Attaining a high standard of knowledge in business tax issues
- Supporting the tax managers in managing their day to day personal tax work
- Ensuring that tax procedures are followed and updated and that wider compliance procedures are adhered to including reviewing existing tax procedures and developing a distinct business tax services procedure ready for Making Tax Digital (MTD).
- Managing the tax affairs of a portfolio of customers, dealing with all aspects of Business Tax Compliance
- Maintaining knowledge on tax technical issues and identifying updates
- Maintaining effective and ongoing communication with other departments, Partners and customers on tax related issues.
- Managing time to ensure that it is recorded and that fees are collected correctly.
- Assisting other areas of the Bank on tax related issues
- Being a core tax resource for Managers/Compliance on ad hoc queries on accounts and structures relating to lending and AML issues
- Assisting with the pro-active development of marketing initiatives appertaining to business tax and the Bank generally
- Liaising with other professional advisors on a diverse range of other business tax and other issues
- Ensuring a good understanding of the services offered by other departments
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s grade A-C or equivalent qualification (essential)
- Qualified as either a Chartered/Certified Accountant or Chartered Tax Adviser (essential)
- The undertaking of other relevant professional qualifications e.g. ATT/CTA/CII/ACCA (essential)
- 2 A’Levels grade A-D or equivalent qualification (desired)
- University Degree or equivalent (desired)
- Working knowledge of the usual office systems of Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as tax and accountancy software
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to speak clearly and confidently to customers and relationship managers
- Evidence of a detail-focused approach with a high standard of accuracy
- Ability to prioritise and manage tasks against deadlines with minimal supervision
- Evidence of networking ability to be able to work with intermediaries
- Interest and knowledge in wider financial matters, the economy and UK tax policy
- Working knowledge of financial products
- Willingness to accept personal accountability for completion
This is a demanding yet highly rewarding role. If you feel that you have the right skills and experience, then apply here or feel free to get in touch with us for