Job Category ICT Strategy
Pay Up to £500 per day depending on experience
Employment Term Agency
Contract Duration/Hours 8 Weeks / 40 hours per week
Greenwich Customer Services and ICT Strategy division is at the heart of the Council’s driver to put the focus of the organisation on to the citizen. It is the key delivery channel for the Council’s strategies on Customer focus, e-enablement of services and value for money.
We currently have vacancies for ICT Application Discovery and Packaging Specialists to join a project team based at the Head Office in Woolwich, London. The successful candidate(s) will be primarily working on a Windows 10 project in discovery, packaging and testing applications for Windows 10 with input from the business. The successful candidate must have a proven track record in working in a Windows 10 application packaging team, be able to hit the ground running and work with minimum supervision. This is a fantastic opportunity to help deliver a Windows 10 project.
Must have skills
- Be proficient in application discovery documentation as intended to be used as the foundation for packaging.
- Takes ownership, must have a proactive attitude, as reverse engineering will be required.
- Be proficient in automating MSI packages via MSTs to follow an agreed upon standard.
- Be proficient in administering and deploying applications/builds via SCCM.
- Be proficient in troubleshooting\rectifying deployments.
- Be proficient in QA of builds and packages.
- Be proficient in Application Virtualization and be able to sequence applications using APPV 4.6 and AppV5.
- Have excellent Knowledge and working experiencing of VMware.
- Have excellent Knowledge and working experiencing of all Microsoft operating systems.
- Have excellent Knowledge and working experiencing of Microsoft Office and Office 365 applications.
- Have excellent Knowledge and working experiencing of Active Directory -
- Be able to administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Project Team.
- Previous experience of supporting a Windows 10 project as an application packaging specialist
- Strong communication skills
- Strong planning skills
On day-to-day basis you will be working in a customer facing role, so it is essential to have good communication and interpersonal skills. You should have excellent organisational, administrative skills and agility to re-prioritize.